Dave Martinez did not get the Blue Jays managerial job. He told Marc Topkin that it is a “little bit disappointing,” but that he may be still be a candidate for the Pirates and Brewers jobs.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Evan Longoria, Carl Crawford and Rafael Soriano were named post-season all-stars by the Sporting News…Only two Rays have previously received this honor: Longoria in 2009 and Carlos Pena in 2007.
- In addition, Rafael Soriano was named the AL’s reliever of the year. [Sporting News]
- JP Howell’s wife wrote a book…We’ll sit back and wait for Roger Mooney to receive his scorn for writing about a player’s wife in a non-baseball context. [Tampa Tribune]
- Fire Brand of the American League suggests Grant Balfour as a possible free agent signing for the Red Sox…The lesson here is to not assume that Balfour is “our little secret” and “obviously he will re-sign with the Rays.” Other people know. [FBotAL]
- Who should fans be angry at over Bucs blackout announcements? [Joe Bucs Fan]
- The City Paper in Nashville says Nashville does not have the demographics to support a big league baseball team…In the past, some have suggested Nashville as a future home of the Rays. [The City Paper]
- Jonny Dangerously (Gomes) is expected to be back with the Reds next season. [Cincinnati.com]
- Interestingly, Zack Greinke’s no-trade list does not include the Rays…That is interesting because Greinke has made it well known that he does not like pitching in the Trop. [MLB Buzz]
- How about Carl Crawford to the Tigers?…Well, that makes more sense than the Red Sox who are apparently interested. Crawford’s speed would be huge for the Tigers in that cavernous outfield. Offensively, he’d probably hit 30 triples every year. [Eye of the Tigers]
- We guess this is news. Now you can get your very own Rays license plate. [MLB]