The GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
THE TELLING: The Rays announced that they will remove the tarp from the upper-deck at the Trop for the remainder of the playoffs beginning tonight…Ben Zobrist’s wife will sing the national anthem tonight.
WHERE THEY STAND: The Rangers and Rays are tied 2-2 in the best-of-5 ALDS. Game 5 is Tonight at 8:07pm.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- BJ Upton is offering an autographed t-shirt to the best sign he sees at The Trop tonight. [NESN]
- Joe Maddon is leaning towards sticking with his right-handed hitters against Cliff Lee [St. Pete Times]
- Here is a view from the upper-deck seats that were covered by a tarp. [Tampa Tribune]
- The Rays like to farm in their sparetime. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Here is a pic of David Price and his dog at The Trop yesterday. Price had to do some cleanup in the outfield at one point. [The Heater]
- Johnny Damon says the Yankees should be rooting for the Rays tonight. [New York Post]
- The Braves couldn’t even sell out a playoff game last night. Where is the national outcry? [Big League Stew]
- ESPN Insider projects Carl Crawford and Desmond Jennings for the 2011 season. [ESPN Insider]
- WDBB breaks down the Durham and Rays’ seasons by the numbers. [Watching Durham Bulls Baseball]
- Another grassroots campaign to move the Rays to Tampa has arisen. [Shadow of the Stadium]