1. Beth says:

Cliff Lee has no nickname?

And let’s remember, although Lee won the last match, the regular season Lee/Price match up went to the Rays. We can do this!

2. Namirsolo says:

So excited! It’s time to make everyone who counted the Rays out eat their words.

Tickets are sold out… BUT Rays could use some marketing like this sign….
    Creates interest/excitement…Thats what SELLS sports…ask the NFL, NBA or Big time Wrestling!

4. Gatorbuc15 says:

Let’s go Rays! Finish off the Rangers!

5. John S says:

I cant believe this… Kelly Motha Fuc$in Shoppach is single handedly costing the Rays the game. He doesn’t want to throw the ball and then he throws the ball in the outfield. UNBELIEVABLE
    Where in the hell is Jaso?

6. rob m says:

@John S.

you are correct sir. So far I count for mental bad plays for the rays. Pena, Zobrist and 2 from Shoppach. The second is killing us.

God I want Jaso. don’t care about offense at this point or pass balls.

7. John S says:

Maddon starts Johnson (lefty) over Aybar (can hit righty)… But can not start Jaso over Shoppach… AMAZING…. Joe MadDUMB

8. rob m says:

Well, it was a great year. Can’t wait for spring training. GO RAYS

9. robert says:

More later– this was a tremendous letdown! I’m sick!

10. John S says:

Yeah sadly the Rays blew it. These are the types of games the Rays need to win if they want to really build the foundation of a fan base. The Rays for the most lose these games that needed to be won.

• Tone says:

They have been increasing their fanbase very effectively, don’t believe the hype. MLB and Stu just want a new stadium. All this bullshit trashing of St. Petersburg is just propaganda for MLB and Stu to stick it to the City for not building their Stadium. They are one of the few teams whose ratings AND fanbase is growing. Stu and his super attitude and comments are the only thing holding them back. The Trop is just a scapegoat, as are the fans. It was a crazy season, they just were not as good as the 08′ team. The 08′ team was always good at home when the Trop was packed, this team, not so much. Great season overall, sucks to say goodbye….but…Adios Carl and the rest who end up leaving. Maybe they can become a scrappy upstart team again and win. Go Rays.

11. stunna says:

My Gators have been failing me lately, and now my Rays have let me down too. I want to stab myself in the neck with a pencil right now.

• ben says:

I understand that I went to FSU when Rix was the qb, then when ya’ll won all those natl. championships. Tonight hurt worst than all of those combined.

12. ac3 says:

no postseason shot of joe?