The GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- The Durham Bulls won game 3 (see below) of the Governor’s Cup Finals to stay alive in the best-of-5 IL Championship series.
- The Yankees series was the second-most watched series of the season averaging a 9.6 rating (172,185 households).
- Dewayne Staats writes a column calling for Manager’s Challenge in MLB. [Sun Sports]
- Gary Shelton says Derek Jeter is better than what he put on display Wedensday. [St. Pete Times]
- Raheem Morris doesn’t need silly BRaysers to motivate his players. [JoeBucsFan.com]
- Andrew Friedman appeared on 1010 Sports and did not deny that his nickname in college was “nails,” due to his similarity to Lenny Dykstra…Apparently when both left baseball and went to Wall Street, that is where the similarities ended (Audio). [1010 Sports]
- Carlos Pena will be unveiling his own wine (above) at a benefit for the two Tampa police officers that were shot and killed in June. [St. Pete Times]
- We are shocked to learn that many Yankees fans are criminals (thanks Nicholas). [New York Times]
- Derek Jeter on the cover of Emmy magazine. [TAUNTR]
- Is Evan Longoria the best defensive player in baseball? [SB Nation]
- DJ Kitty? Anybody have an explanation? [MLB]
DOWN ON THE FARM…
- DURHAM 3, Columbus 2 (Columbus leads 2-1, best-of-5): After blowing a 2-0 lead, Leslie Anderson drove in the winning run with a bases-loaded sac fly in the bottom of the 9th…Alex Cobb started and pitched 4 shutout innings, striking out 3.