Why, Joe is so giddy over the Rays beating the Chowdahheads tonight, Joe’s pulling his Rays jersey out of his boxers as he types.

So much to like about this game. Where does Joe start? Was it the turn-back-the-clock pitching of James “Big Game” Shields? Was it Carlos Pena’s homer? Was it Carl Crawford’s homer? Was it Pena racking up Victor Martinez at home plate? Was it B.J. Upton chasing down a potential extra-base hit in the left field gap late?

Oh, and Joe almost forgot about Red Sux killer Dan Johnson!

So much to choose from.

At any rate, the Rays have a 6 1/2 game lead on the Chowdahheads after winning two of three, with just over a month left in the season.

Joe hopes all those Chowdahheads who were at the Fruitdome tonight go home crying with their typical being-choked-24/7 voices as they cry for their mommy Bill Simmons and his 6,500-word ramblings of gibberish and high school cheerleader angst.

Joe hopes those SOBs buy some stale Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic! God, what putrid human beings.

Get the hell out of Florida and put on your Bill Belicheat hoodies. It’s getting cold up in New England… skunks! A long cold winter awaits while you watch the Rays in the playoffs!

Low lifes!

1. Gatorbuc15 says:

Damn Joe, you read my mind completely! Red Sux fans are definitely low lifes and skunks! They have absolutely no respect for us, and they got what they deserved! Good luck coming back from a 6.5 game deficit A$$ HOLES! I guess now all of you Red Sux bandwagon fans will jump off now, and go root for the next front runner! After all, football season is right around the corner WEASELS!

Just one question Joe. I LOATH Red Sux fans with all my heart & soul as well, but did you get in a fight with one tonight man? Looks like you were venting pretty hard.

• Joe Rays Fan says:

Gatorbuc15:

No. Just that Massholes are miserable human beings and joe cannot find a fanbase more deserving of being paddled like the whining girls they are.

They actually make Cubs fans tolerable if you can believe such a thing!

• Gatorbuc15 says:

As hard as that is to believe, I'd have to agree. Red Sux fans make Cubs fans look like rogue scholars. ;~)

2. David says:

If I keep reading this article I think that I may develop a glasgow smile. :D

3. Tyler says:

I just came back to Massachusetts for college and loved watching the Rays kick the Sux ass. In fact I wore my Red Sux shirt with "Crapelbon" on the back and wore it at the local mall today. Got some stares. Screw them.

4. slak96u says:

I was at sundays game and it was incredible to see all the fake red sox fans come pouring out of the trop all :,( faced. I stood at the main entrance and just sat there savouring it. After sitting through 8 1/2 innings with some red sux bandwagoner chick behind me who thought the balls strikes outs sign was the score for 5 innings (best part she sounded like she was from augusta GA) till turned around and explained. it was worth every minute. The only thing better was screaming You suck at V Rod and how he should quit his day job and pick up acting while he was warming up. Then getting the F U pucker face from him, and when he dropped a pitch out... classic great game!

5. nate says:

Your dialog, and attempts at humor with tired references like Chowderheads and Red Sux need to find the circular file. It's neither funny nor informative. Try to freshen up your routine.

6. Beth says:

Well, at least none of the Red Sox players are blaming Tropicana Field for their defeat (which is typically what happens when either the Sox or Yanks lose a series here).

7. Connie says:

there was an awesome tidbit from the mlb.com article about "Jack" Johnson. I smell a nickname!

Maybe a COINCIDENCE...only game the Rays lose (Fri) was when CC didn't play...ask yourself about 2011 without him?
    Rays miss a big opportunity at the LAST game of 2010 with Boston here:
    Why not offer a FREE Rays cap for any Red Sox fan turning in their cap ...or a free Sept. ticket plus a cap for their Sox jersey. It would have been fun to see how many NEW fans we could have picked up for Sept's playoff run!!!

9. Kyle says:

Joe, your best one yet.

10. Katie says:

Joe, Not all Red Sox fans are horrible. I'm actually friends with a lot of Red Sox fans and while they do bash the Rays. They're tolerable to be around. But other than that, they are horrible.

Great great post. :)

11. AnyDowners says:

Referring to yourself in the third person makes me have a hard time to take you seriously. Retread potshots and jokes. C'mon. This site can do much better. Go Rays.