A true playoff atmosphere was confirmed last night when the stunning D-cup 20-year-old sitting in front of Joe delivered him a big hug after the final out and “daddy” alongside her didn’t mind.

Ahh, the thrill of victory.

Joe can never get enough hugs from buxom women, or enough of sticking it to the Red Sox and the 15,000 or so of their fans that pumped some quality hate into the FruitDome last night.

So what if Matt Garza was throwing batting practice. So what if Willy Aybar is the worst cleanup hitter in the American League. And so what if Joe Maddon rolled out his safety squeeze at precisely the wrong time.

It all worked out perfectly. The Rays won 6-5 and are parked in a playoff spot with 80 games to play.

It’s a game like this that makes Joe really appreciate the value of Rafael Soriano, the kind of guy winners have to close a game. Joe was a bit bummed Carl Crawford couldn’t squeak out his eighth, four-hit game of the season. But his highlight reel catch in left center should at least keep his name in lights on the incessant BSPN replay show.

In his postgame media lecture, Maddon nearly admitted the Rays have “turned the corner” before rolling into some blathering coachspeak about turning the corner only when it comes to situational baseball.

Put down the wine and just say it, Maddon. Say what Joe already knows, The Rays have turned the corner.

Let’s just hope they don’t turn back.

Tags

1. safety says:

Joe!
    I love it man. I’ve been digging raysindex ever since you mentioned it on joebucsfan.
    Glad you’re here contributing here, and, as always, keep up the great work!
    One word of caution: don’t slack on Bucs news, man. I need all the pewter postulation I can get during the offseason.
    Go Rays!

safety

Hey Joe..bet YOU weren’t at the game last night…15,000 Red Sox fans?.. your dreaming…..28,000+ total attendance… maybe 8,000 Red jerseys…But, your probably one of those media types that knock the Rays when they have 12,000 on Thur nights with the Orioles…you can’t think of anything to write when they pull almost 30,000 on a monday night….Huh….

3. JoeRaysFan says:

Joe here,

Hey Don,

I was in section 314, Row P. …And for the record I didn’t blast the attendance. And it was my sincere opinion that it was about half Sox fans. You might want to work on your reading skills.

4. Eric S says:

I was at the game as well. It did seem like half the fans were Red Sox fans. They were very very loud. Great win by the Rays. Much needed. Very long game.

• MJ says:

I was there too, sect 109 on the wall, and i would say it was 10,000 red sox fans tops. Probably less. It was MUCH louder whenever the Rays would do anything positive, and you know the BoSox fans were making themselves hear any chance they got. Either way, they are annoying as hell. Most fans are i guess.

5. JoeRaysFan says:

Eric S – Thanks for backing me up. …The long game added to the playoff feel. But it was no doubt very close to half Sox fans the best I could tell. But who cares? Their moneys spends the same for the owners.

• Don says:

Exactly, the point…. to get baseball fans in the stadium…I don’t care where they’re from….This is Florida…not Phi. Cin.
      Mil. where people “live” there year around…This is vacation land, party time with many part time residents and transplants. Point is it will NEVER be all Rays fans…get use to it!
      Joe, I’m working on my reading…guess I was looking at your “comics” instead of content!

6. Huey Lewis says:

Don is the resident dolt. Don’t worry about him

7. JoeRaysFan says:

All good, Don. …Huey, thanks for the warning. But I suspect Don’s pretty harmless.

8. Joe says:

Guys:

First, thanks for the kind words. Joe is geeked to unite with Cork. Joe just hopes he can enhance what is already a superior Rays site!