From time to time we are going to take a look at the 2010 attendance and see how this season stacks up against last year and whether the Rays can reach their goal of being average (in attendance).
Notes on the attendance follow the graph…
Notes on the 2010 attendance…
- In 2009, the Rays averaged 23,148 per game and drew 1.87 million fans. That was the most since their inaugural season of 1998 when they drew 2.5 million.
- While the Rays have not stated any attendance goals this season, last year it was league average. So far in 2010, MLB is averaging 29,638 fans per game. That is down 2.3% from last year’s average of 30,324.
- This year the Rays are averaging 22,047, 24th in baseball, and are on pace for 1.79 million.
- After 46 home games last year, the Rays were averaging 23,264. So far this year. the Rays attendance is down 5.2% from the same point last last year.
- In the past month, the Rays have averaged 21,690. That is down from 22,701 averaged in the first 32 home dates. Meanwhile, MLB attendance overall is up in the past month.