The GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Roger Mooney gives the Rays a mid-season report card including the team’s first-half MVP. [Tampa Tribune]
- Jon Heyman says Carl Crawford has been the 5th most valuable American Leaguer in the first-half. [SI.com]
- JB Long spoke with David Price about hitting 100, his “jello” legs and the Rays first-half MVP (VIDEO). [Bright House Sports]
- JB Long also spoke with Evan Longoria after the All-Star game (VIDEO). [Bright House Sports]
- Our own Joe chatted with Roy Cummings about the Bucs. [JoeBucsFan]
- The Rays come in at #2 in the latest Sporting News Power Poll. [Sporting News]
- Joe DeLessio: “Damn you, Andrew Friedman, for being good at your job.” [New York]
- The latest “RaysRev Radio” podcast has launched. And yes they discuss MFIKY. [RaysRev.com]
- Janie McCauley previews the second-half for SI.com. [SI.com]
- Joe Maddon loves him some Dr. Seuss. [MyFoxTampaBay]
- Seems like we mentioned this previously, but if not, Elijah Dukes is set to play with the Newark Bears of the Independent Atlantic League. [USA Today]
DOWN ON THE FARM…
- Check out Rays Prospects for boxscores and more detailed recaps. [Rays Prospects]
- DURHAM: Dan Johnson started at DH for the IL in the triple-A all-star game. He went 0-2 with a walk.
- MONTGOMERY: Alex Cobb allowed 4 runs (3 earned) in 5 innings on 9 hits and 1 walk. He struck out 7. His ERA is now 2.66…Matt Sweeney hit just his second home run in 43 games since being promoted.
- CHARLOTTE: Nick Barnese pitched 6 shutout innings with 7 Ks and no walks. He lowered his ERA to 2.83…Chris Murrill was 2-5 with his 6th stolen base. He is now hitting .313.
- BOWLING GREEN: Jason McEachern gave up 6 runs in just 4 innings including 2 home runs to the same batter…Cody Rogers was 1-3 with a home run and a walk. In just 7 games he is 13-29 (.448) with 4 home runs and 2 stolen bases…Catcher Mark Thomas hit his 6th home run.
- HUDSON VALLEY: Devin Fuller, last year’s 6th round pick, gave up 2 runs (1 earned) in 4 innings on 3 hits and 1 walk.
- PRINCETON: Andrew Bellatti, last year’s 12th round pick that was involved in an off-season car accident killing the other driver, made his 5th start, picking up his first win. He held Bristol to 1 run in 6 innings on 2 hits with 5 strikeouts and no walks…Scott Lawson, the Rays 29th round pick this season, hit his first pro home run.