The GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Image of Rocco Baldelli above via Tommy Rancel’s Twitter feed [Twitter]
- The last time the Rays won a game in Cleveland, Seth McClung pitched. [St. Pete Times]
- Noah Pranksy breaks down Mayor Bill Foster’s “concessions” to expand the options for the Rays. [Shadow of the Stadium]
- Marc Topkin looks at the madness behind Joe Maddon’s lineup cards. [St. Pete Times]
- Here is a cool pic of Desmond Jennings. [Watching Durham Bulls Baseball]
- If you happen to be in Montgomery, tonight is Evan Longoria bobblehead night. [Montgomery Advertiser]
- MLB will start testing minor leaguers for HGH immediately. [Tampa Tribune]
- A poem for Carl Crawford. [It is high, It is far, It is...caught]
DOWN ON THE FARM…
- Check out Rays Prospects for more detailed recaps. [Rays Prospects]
- DURHAM: Heath Phillips worked into the 8th inning and held Columbus to 2 runs, both solo home runs…Jose Lobaton’s 2-run single in the 6th tied the game, and Dan Johnson’s 2-run double in the 7th gave the Bulls the lead…Desmond Jennings (2006-10) did not start but appeared later as a pinch-hitter, going 1-2 with a double.
- MONTGOMERY: Jake McGee (2004-5) was pounded for 7 runs (5 earned) in 3 innings on 9 hits and a walk. He struck out 4…Henry Wrigley (2005-14) was 2-5 with a double to raise his average to .307…Leslie Anderson went 2-4 with his 4th home run.
- CHARLOTTE: Matt Moore (2007-8) pitched 7 shutout innings with 10 Ks and just 1 walk. Moore leads the FSL with 143 strikeouts…Rocco Baldelli (2000-1) was 1-4 with a double, his first hit of 2010…Tim Beckham (2008-1) was 0-3 but added 2 more walks.
- BOWLING GREEN: Alex Colome struck out 7 in just 4 innings, but allowed 5 runs on 7 hits and 3 walks…Cody Rogers (2009-7) went 0-2 with a walk…Ryan Wiegand (2009-25) hit a 3-run home run, his 6th, and drove in 4.
- HUDSON VALLEY: Wilmer Almonte struck out 5 and walked 1 in 4 innings, giving up 2 runs…Phil Wunderlich (2010-12) was 3-5 with 2 doubles to raise his average to .347…Derek Dietrich (2010-2) was 1-4 with a walk. He is hitting .259.
- PRINCETON: Jacob Partridge (2009-18) improved to 3-2 after holding Burlington to 1 run in 5 innings on 5 hits and 3 walks. He struck out 3…Todd Glaesmann (2009-3), who had only 16 hits in his first 27 games, was 4-4 with his 2nd and 3rd home runs.