Joe Girardi announced today that David Price will be the starting pitcher for the AL squad in tomorrow night’s All-Star game. Girardi also announced the starting lineup, with Evan Longoria batting 6th and Carl Crawford batting 9th.

Ken Davidoff has the full lineup. [Twitter]

1. Preston says:

This had me pumping fists and jumping around at work. Good thing I'm currently alone, my coworkers already think I'm crazy.

2. Joe D. says:

It wouldn't surprise me if he had a Pedro '99 like ASG start, given his dominance in '08 on the big stage in 1-2 inning appearances.

I'm not saying that would be a good thing, or is likely, just that it wouldn't surprise me.

3. Beth says:

I know we should be happy for him, but what stops Girardi from keeping him (or Soriano) in for too long so that they are less effective when they play the Yankees a few days later? Am I being overly paranoid?

4. ac3 says:

Crawford 9th???

• Hal says:

I said the same thing, but there's no way he puts Jeter in the 9 hole even though he should (it's a lifetime achievment type thing and Bud Selig demands that we all must get choked up in the first when Bob Sheppard calls Jeter's name from heaven). That line-up is sick though.

• Connie says:

Maybe he's borrowing from Maddonology and he's a second leadoff batter

5. eric says:

It was nice to hear Girardi speak of Price so nicely. Truly..I think it could have gone either way..Lee or price...but I'm happy its Price...go Rays

6. John S says:

Yeah this is true.... Price leads in wins and ERA... so even though both of those figures are not really completely pitcher controlled... there are more efficient statistics when you have both of those you are pretty much in... plus it was a not a fan vote