The GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
No GBT today. Feel free to provide your own in the comments.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Jeff Niemann talks about last night’s game (video). [The Heater]
- It looks like Pat Burrell will sign a minor league deal with the Giants. [Twitter]
- Speaking of Twitter, Her Rays has finally joined us at the cool kids table. If she can do it, we must ask, why can’t you? It’s ok, we won’t tell anybody. [Rays Index on Twitter]
- A while back we suggested that BJ Upton’s newfound love of going to the opposite field would cause pitchers to start pitching him inside. And that would allow Bossman to do what he does best, unleash his quick wrists and super-duper fast bat. Well, Steve Slowinski shows that BJ isn’t turning on that inside fastball the way he did in years past. [DRays Bay]
- Meanwhile, Fangraphs suggests that Carlos Pena has gotten too far away from his tendency to pull the ball. [Fangraphs]
- A Clearwater 4th grader got to take Ben Zobrist to school. [10 Connects]
- We thinks the Astros miss Gerry Hunsicker. [Crawfish Boxes]
- Here is an article by Paul White of USA Today about the Rays young starting pitchers. [USA Today]
DOWN ON THE FARM…
- Check out “The Rundown” from Rays Prospects for boxscores and more detailed recaps. [Rays Prospects]
- DURHAM: Aneury Rodriguez held Rochester to 1 unearned run in 5.2 innings. He struck out 4 and walked 2…Desmond Jennings was 0-2 with a pair of walks and Fernando Perez stole his 14th base.
- MONTGOMERY: Jeremy Hall tossed 8 shutout innings on 3 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 5…Nevin Ashley had 3 singles and is now hitting .352 in 25 games.
- CHARLOTTE: Tim Beckham got back to his hitting ways with a single and a double in 4 at bats…Matt Joyce had one hit, but it was a grand slam.
- BOWLING GREEN: Kyle Lobstein gave up 4 runs in 4 innings and dropped to 1-3 with a 5.91 ERA on the year…Dustin Biell had 3 hits including 2 doubles.