DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Here is a strange find: CJ Wilson of the Rangers filmed a video with two writers from LOST. During the video, the writers ask WIlson about his relationship with Dale Thayer and whether Wilson schooled Ian Kinsler on how to hit Thayer during a matchup last season. Kinsler hit a home run off of Thayer. Interestingly, Wilson dances around the question and never really answers it (fast forward to the 3:30 mark) (thanks Clayton). [YouTube]
- Since the Rays were off yesterday, they will all wear #42 tonight in honor of Jackie Robinson…Also, interesting to read that part of Wade Davis’ struggle at Fenway last September was due to not having the confidence to shake-off Dioner Navarro. [St. Pete Times]
- Tim Beckham was activated from the DL and made his debut last night (see below). [Rays Prospects]
- Marc Topkin takes a closer look at the struggling bullpen and where some help could come from. [St. Pete Times]
- Tommy Rancel of DRaysBay takes a closer look at how Joe Maddon uses his lefty relievers. [DRays Bay]
- Roger Mooney writes about Carl Crawford’s defense and whether he deserves a Gold Glove. [Tampa Tribune]
- The parking scam we mentioned last week? Two people have been arrested. [St. Pete Times]
- Sean Daly offers up his list of songs that should be played at the Trop. [St. Pete Times]
DOWN ON THE FARM…
- Check out “The Rundown” from Rays Prospects for boxscores and more detailed recaps. [Rays Prospects]
- DURHAM: Jeff Bennett started and threw just 8 pitches (all balls) before being removed…Hank Blalock returned to the lineup and went 2-5 with 2 RBI and 3 strikeouts…Dan Johnson hit his 3rd home run.
- MONTGOMERY: Aneury Rodriguez struck out 4 and walked 1 in 6 innings. He allowed 2 runs (1 earned)…Jose Lobaton went 2-4 with 2 RBI…Greg Sexton was 3-4 with 2 doubles and a walk…Matt Fields was 1-3 with 2 walks.
- CHARLOTTE: Nick Barnese pitched 7 shutout innings, striking out 5 and walked 1. He gave up just 3 hits…Matt Sweeney hit his 3rd home run and his 3rd double…Tim Beckham went 1-4 with an RBI and 2 strikeouts.
- BOWLING GREEN: Shane Dyer allowed 1 run in 5 innings…Eli Sonoqui hit his first home run.