A whiny, pissed off Red Sox fan wrote in to the Boston Herald anonymously, claiming that Evan Longoria was trying to steal his girlfriend this past weekend. And somehow this tale gets published

One P.O.’d S.O. reports that his galpal was getting incessant text messages from the Rays’ hot hot cornerman, Evan Longoria, who wanted, very badly, to get together with her while he was in town sweeping up the Red Sox…”So this guy won’t stop texting my girl…We are at a concert at the House Of Blues and he messages her: ‘I’m in town what are you up to?’ She replies, ‘With my man at a concert,’ and he says, ‘That’s unfortunate, etc. etc…He continued texting her all night and the next day. ‘Let’s go shopping, it’s harmless’…And the next day, ‘Let’s go to a movie today”…The bummed out BF said he tried to “remain calm” during the Text Offensive, but he was rather aggravated. Especially when he found out that Evan was also texting another bartender asking her out, too! “She, too, has a boyfriend and has told him to lay off, but he stays persistent.”

Let’s assume for a second that this story has any truth to it whatsoever. This dude’s girlfriend gave a professional baseball player her digits and this idiot is mad at Longo? And in true Red Sox Nation style, he cries about it.

If Dirtbag was texting Mrs. Professor, I would take that as a compliment. Then I might suggest a threesome.

Evan Longoria, helping to build the Rays fanbase, one hot bartender at a time.

Sounds like this little mouse is a little immature...
    If I can remember... I had lots of girl friends when I was single...and I assumed they had other boyfriends...no big deal... beantown moron!
    Maybe Longo was tired in Chicago after chasing "dates" all weekend!

2. Beth says:

Or maybe the mad texter was some guy CLAIMING to be Longo.

At any rate, it seems that Boston morale has fallen pretty low when they start accusing us of stealing their women.

3. dkd says:

Roethlisberger Jr.

I looked at the photo above again....and I bet you Longo wouldn't have to call the interviewer more than once! check out "that Look".........

• Carey says:

Well, she does have a thing for MLB third basemen (The "interviewer" is Erin Andrews who reportedly dates David Wright)

• Don says:

Well David Wright better be heads up...that's the way I look at my wife's meat loaf when I haven't eaten all day! Longo you dog!

5. Jason says:

How would he have gotten her phone number in the first place?

6. Alex says:

Longo: Spreading Rays nation one lady at a time

7. ramedy says:

And so marks the first time this year someone from Boston caught a Rays player stealing.

8. Mike says:

what he is really pissed about is the fact that his girlfriend suddenly developed a "headache" shortly after receiving the first text and had to go home early.

9. Alex says:

How exactly did this guy know that "Evan" was texting another women as well?

10. nene says:

My thing is why do they think Evan would spend all weekend texting the same 2 girls hoping one of them will succumb? He's not desperate. He can go get anyone and he probably did. I hardly think he was sitting there texting and hoping.

11. Dirtbag Fan says:

ummm.....allegedly assault an underaged, drunk chick who has given police 2 different reports, and who has failed to press charges, and even went as far as to call the police station and the GBI to ask them to discontinue their investigations....

12. Beth says:

Wait a sec, I think you've missed my point. I have no idea if Roethlisberger is guilty of rape. However, dkd seemed to equate what Roethlisberger is ACCUSED of doing with what Longoria is ACCUSED of doing. I think that insults Longoria.