The Rays open the spring season today with a game against the Orioles…
The Professor: Baby Prof? I need to see you right away. It’s important.
Baby Prof: [Crawling over to the couch] Wass goin on?
The Professor: [sighs] We got 35 big weeks ahead of us. It’s baseball season, kid!
Baby Prof: You sanbaggin’ son of a poop diaper!
The Professor: I’ve got us down for 18 of them already.
Baby Prof: More on TV?
The Professor: Great question. I like where your head’s at and almost all of them actually are, but I got us covered: The extra innings package, MLB.tv and MLB At Bat on the iPhone.
Baby Prof: Hehe! *burps*
The Professor: We are gonna have tons and tons of opportunities to watch amazing baseball players that might actually figure out how to move a runner over in the late innings this year.
Baby Prof: Derwick Shetton iz teach them?
The Professor: Grab that bat and watch that beautiful game, pal! What do you like better, Winnie the Pooh or Baseball Season?
[Baby Prof raises both hands and a leg]
The Professor: Miss Prof?
Baby Prof: Bassbawl! *poops her diaper*
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Jake McGee is slated to throw one inning today and Jeremy Hellickson will throw tomorrow.
- Justin Upton signed a 6-year, $51million contract that will delay his free agency by two seasons…This leaves us wondering if this deal might push BJ Upton to sign a long-term deal. We have to believe that BJ always believed he would cash in first. [USA Today]
- Dan Johnson is working out at third base for the Rays…This is important if Willy Aybar’s wrist continues to be a problem. Johnson could potentially take Aybar’s spot on the bench to start the season. The alternative would be to keep both Reid Brignac and Sean Rodriguez who are currently battling for the backup middle infielder role. [St. Pete Times]
- Marc Topkin has a list of 10 things to watch for this spring. [St. Pete Times]
- Tony Fabrizio says there are few questions to answer in the spring. [Tampa Tribune]
- It is behind the Insider wall, but a new blog at ESPN.com has a story on Matt Garza as “One2Watch4 in 2010,” noting his odd splits in which he dominated lefties but struggled against righties. [ESPN]
- Tony Fabrizio has 5 questions for Jeremy Hellickson. [Tampa Tribune]
- In their march through the top pitching prospects, Rays Prospects profiles #2, Jeremy Hellickson. [Rays Prospects]
- It is from a fantasy perspective, but he is another Rays preview. (thanks Thad) [Fanhouse]