Michael Sasso has more details on the proposed development of the Fairgrounds…
The developer proposing a massive entertainment complex at the Florida State Fairgrounds envisions a project worth up to $1 billion, with professional baseball and soccer stadiums and up to 2,600 hotel rooms, state and Florida State Fair Authority documents show.
The developer did add that the idea of including a baseball stadium is “not motivating any of this,” suggesting that the development could easily proceed without the stadium.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Willy Aybar says his wrist is feeling better. Of course, supposedly it was feeling fine before Wednesday’s workout and then he took batting practice. [Rays Plays]
- Cuban pitcher Juan Yasser Serrano held a private workout for the Rays last week. Serrano, 22, has a fastball in the low-90s, but has been unspectacular while pitching in the Cuban league. In 2008 he was 2-7 with a 6.46 ERA. Serrano has worked out with at least 10 clubs. [MLB Trade Rumors]
- If there is one player in baseball that deserves a celebrity roast it is Manny Ramirez. If there are two players it would be Manny and Pat Burrell. The Fightins took care of the latter. [The Fightins]
- RotoTimes examines the red flags surrounding BJ Upton. [RotoTimes]
- Four spring games will be broadcast on the MLB Network. [Rays Prospects]
- A fun, if unrealistic question: Would you trade Desmond Jennings and Reid Brignac for Zack Greinke? [Royals Review]
- Bradenton Herald writes about Aki Iwamura’s first spring with the Rays. [Bradenton Herald]
- Lance Cormier talks about ‘Bama football, Rafael Soriano and his personal goals for 2010. [Tampa Tribune]