The folks over at Uniwatch feel the new powder blue alternate would be much better if paired with powder blue pants. The image at right is what they concocted. Note that this is not an accurate representation of the new powder blue jersey as the real jersey does not have the fish patch on the sleeve and the “Rays” logo on the front is much larger.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- The Daily Loaf writes about the Rays bungled attempt to sell the naming rights to their spring training home. [The Daily Loaf]
- BJ Upton and Evan Longoria attended a recent Tampa Bay Lightning game together and received personalized jerseys. [The Heater]
- Evan Longoria was interviewed by USA Today about his involvement with “MLB 2K10.” [USA Today]
- Rick Nafe, the Rays VP for operations and facilities received a lifetime achievement award. [Rays Report]
- Jeff Niemann recently attended the Rice Alumni Baseball Game, but did not participate. He was also sporting a new well-groomed beard (scroll about halfway down). [All Things Bubba]
- In their “Names to know” series, USA Today features Wade Davis and Jeremy Hellickson. [USA Today]