The picture at right is of BJ Upton from a recent golf tournament and comes to us via his Twitter account.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Marc Topkin has the details on Kelly Shoppach’s new deal. He will make $2.25 million in 2010. We had him projected at $2.2 million in our payroll projection. [The Heater]
- As is standard practice for the Rays, they have set a January 19 deadline for reaching an agreement and avoiding arbitration with their remaining arbitration-eligible players (BJ Upton, Jason Bartlett, Matt Garza, JP Howell). [MLB]
- Dock of the Rays looks at Jeff Niemann’s 2010 projections. [Dock of the Rays]
- Simon on Sports interviewed bloggers for each team about their off-season. We provided the commentary on the Rays. [Simon on Sports]
- UmpBump.com looks at what the Rays still need for next season. [UmpBump]
- One blogger lists Joe Maddon as “on the hotseat” this season: “Maddon’s not helped by a disappointing 2009 in which the club at times looked as if they’d quit.” [Prince of New York Baseball]