Quite frankly, before now we didn’t think a good discussion forum existed for the Rays. Some were too remote and most included way too much commenter-on-commenter violence and snobby attitudes from those that had been there a while.
That all changes now with the introduction of discussion forums by MLB Trade Rumors.
This will be far and away the best place to discuss the Rays. There won’t be any shenanigans or tomfoolery and each forum will have its own moderator that will actually moderate as opposed to moderators that claim to enforce some code of conduct but really just rail on those that don’t subscribe their sycophancy.
So head on over and give it a shot. We know you guys will represent the Rays well.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- First of all, we don’t know when this happened, but Roger Mooney has moved from the Bradenton Herald to the Tampa Tribune. Congrats to Mooney and nice pickup by the Trib. Here is Mooney’s take on the Rays and the Winter Meetings. [Tampa Tribune]
- Marc Topkin reports that Brian Shouse is unlikely to accept arbitration from the Rays. If he does decline and sign elsewhere, the Rays would have six picks before the third round in next year’s draft. [The Heater]
- We spoke with Will Carroll who told us that he was told last Wednesday that a Milton Bradley deal is “imminent,” but that he had no other details.
- Meanwhile Jon Heyman says Milton Bradley-for-Pat Burrell is “not close,” and that sounds believable. Keep in mind, just because there is only one hurdle remaining to get a deal done, it is usually the biggest hurdle and toughest to get past. [Twitter]
- Marc Topkin explains just how big that final hurdle could be. [St. Pete Times]
- Marc Topkin says the Rays don’t expect to make any big moves at this week’s winter meetings. [St. Pete Times]
- Several members of the Rays front office battled the elements last week to build a playground in one day. Afterwards, Stuart Sternberg won the wet t-shirt contest. [MLB]
- Jon Paul Morosi reports that the Rays are one of several teams that have contacted the Rangers about Nelson Cruz. That sounds nice, until we hear tomorrow what the Rangers would want. [MLB Trade Rumors]
- Meanwhile, Joe Frisaro says the Rays are interested in Marlins closer Matt Lindstrom. [Twitter]
- And Buster Olney says a Matt Lindstrom deal is “imminent.” [Twitter]
- Ted Keith writes about Evan Longoria’s effort to ramp up his off-season training by enrolling in the Athletes Performance Institute in Arizona. [SI.com]
- He has a new home, but David Chalk is still bringing joy to the masses with his 2009 All-Times Devil Rays advent calendar. [7th Inning Stache]
- We often refer to a player’s WAR and/or their WAR dollar value. Dave Cameron does an excellent job explaining exactly what that means. [Fangraphs]
- Mets Today weighs the pros and cons of adding Pat Burrell. [Mets Today]