Before the Webtopia, Joe Smith gives us several great tidbits in his latest column…
- On Jake McGee: “McGee feels he’s back to 100 percent. He said he’s throwing 95 mph, and his changeup is better than ever.”
- Andrew Friedman adds that the Rays “haven’t given up on McGee as a starter,” but does admit that moving to the bullpen is a possibility.
- Mitch Lukevics says both Desmond Jennings and Jeremy Hellickson need more seasoning but that Hellboy is further along than the Rays expected, noting that his changeup has “become a factor.”
- The Rays are having ongoing discussions with Gregg Zaun, but several other teams have expressed interest.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe on Carl Crawford: “Crawford is a big clubhouse presence, a player everyone looks up to. There may come a time when Rays ownership bites the bullet and says this is one player they need to keep and works out a long-term commitment.” [Boston Globe]
- The Rays radio duo will return intact next season. [The Heater]
- Around the Majors takes a look at the Rays off-season in the first of a two-part series. [Around the Majors]
- Around the Majors explores the possibility of trading Jason Bartlett. [Around the Majors]
- Not sure why security would let a fan bring a device composed of a bunch of random wires into the Trop, but OK. [Instructables]