We are pretty sure that most of you throw up a little every time two mayors wager over a championship game. We do. Well, if that bothers you, you might want to sit down before hearing what the Tampa and Clearwater mayors have done. Mayoral championship wagering just Jumped the Shark…
The Tampa Bay Rays didn’t make the World Series this year, but two local mayors aren’t letting that stop them from betting on the outcome…Since Clearwater and Tampa are the spring training homes of the Philadelphia Phillies and New York Yankees, Clearwater’s mayor has made a wager with Tampa’s mayor.
Somebody please explain to us how it is possible that the mayor of Tampa is openly rooting for, and wagering on, the New York Yankees in the World Series. Maybe the Rays should change their name to the St. Pete Rays Pelicans.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- It has only been 12 months since the Rays were in the World Series, but apparently it is not too soon for Martin Fennelly to wonder if the Rays will ever make it back. [Tampa Tribune]
- David Laurila of Baseball Prospectus interviewed Jason Bartlett. See if you can count the number of times Barty uses the word “man.” [Baseball Prospectus]
- Do you want the Rays to trade for a catcher this winter? Well here is a list of catchers that could be on the market. See anybody you like? [MLB Trade Rumors]
- Looking for something to root for in the World Series? Tom Jones has a list of reasons to pick a side. [St. Pete Times]
- Michael Sasso breaks down the Tampa connections in the World Series. [Tampa Tribune]
- We mentioned this a few days ago on Twitter, but now we have a transcript from the radio bit in which former Mets GM Jim Duquette interviewed Scott Kazmir. Awkwarddddd. [Newsday]
- Did we mention that we are on Twitter? [Twitter]
- The first 2010 prospect list is out. Our thoughts are in the comments section. [Dock of the Rays]
- Rays Prospects projects where the Rays top prospects will be playing in 2010. [Rays Prospects]