Just a few links this morning as we celebrate the 3rd anniversary of Lou Piniella becoming the manager of the Chicago Cubs.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- In the quest for a new Rays stadium, we have seen The Good (original proposal by the Rays), The Bad (no new stadium in the near future) and as we get closer to the St. Pete mayoral election, we are now seeing The Ugly. Yesterday we read some comments from candidate Kathleen Ford. Today we get an editorial response in the St. Pete Times. [St. Pete Times]
- When you think of “celebrities” and “home runs,” the first name that comes to mind is Gabe Gross. Right? Well, he apparently qualifies for both at Auburn’s Baseball Celebrity Home Run Derby. [Columbus Ledger-Enquirer]
- The New York Post looks at how Rick Peterson helped Scott Kazmir rediscover his dominance. [New York Post]
- The Rays sister franchise, Florida Tuskers of the UFL, won their first game, giving them more wins than the Bucs. The Tuskers play a 6-game schedule. Any chance the Bucs will finish with more wins? We didn’t think so. [Orlando Sentinel]
- Rays the Stakes makes the case for Jeff Niemann as Rookie of the Year. [Rays the Stakes]
- They don’t give out MVP awards for the LDS but if they did Sully Baseball thinks Aki Iwamura would have won it for the Rays last year. [Sully Baseball]