Hey Stu, does this sound familiar?
Fulham Football Club has struck a marketing deal with the sister company of the Boston Red Sox baseball franchise, in one of the more unusual pairings between an English and American sports team.
While the deal is mainly based on a marketing and promotion relationship between the baseball team and the English soccer team, there is also a chance that Boston would host an English Premiere League match.
We know the Rays are having a difficult time just building a fan base in their own backyard, but we never took Stuart Sternberg as somebody that limited his thinking to small scale items.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- For those of you that are interested in such things, Evan Longoria will be part of McFarlane Toys’ Spring 2010 line. For those that are not familiar, McFarlane makes the one set of action figures that actually look like the person intended. [Toy News International]
- The Phillies say they are a better team without Pat Burrell…that’s funny, because the Rays were also a better team without Pat Burrell. Go figure. [St. Pete Times]
- Matt Silverman will appear as part of a discussion panel during the Sports Leadership Summit on Friday at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center. [St. Pete Times]
- MLB Trade Rumors took a look at the Rays 2010 commitments and speculated on some of the moves they could make this off-season…It jives fairly well with the payroll projection we produced last week. [MLB Trade Rumors]
- Rays the Stakes wants to know if you had to choose between Carl Crawford and Carlos Pena, who would you choose. [Rays the Stakes]
- Rays the Stakes also submitted their AL MVP ballot, with a couple of Rays making the list. [Rays the Stakes]