The Philadelphia Phillies finished off the LA Dodgers and will try to become the first repeat champ from the NL since the Cincinnati Reds of the mid-70s (let’s hope this is the last time the Phillies are mentioned in the same breath as the Big Red Machine).
Of course, last year the Phillies cheated their way to a World Series title over the Tampa Bay Rays. If you blocked that week out of your mind, let’s recap…
- There was Joe Blanton and his pinetar cap in Game 3.
- JC Romero tested positive for a Performance Enhancing Drug prior to the playoffs. But miraculously, MLB could not find an arbitrator prior to the World Series in order to uphold his 50-game suspension.
So with the Phillies going for back-to-back titles, let’s speculate how they will cheat this year (assuming the Yankees win the ALCS)…
- Raul Ibanez might be ‘roid-enhanced.
- With Romero out of the playoffs due to his post-’roid injury, he will dress in drag and visit Alex Rodriguez in his hotel room the night before all road games.
- Two words for CC Sabathia: Veggie Platter.
Just remember, the Phillies put their pants on just like the rest of baseball, one leg at a time. Of course after they have their pants on, they cheat their way to World Championships.