The GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- At 72-68, the Rays are just 4 games over .500 for the first time since June 25 when they were 39-35.
- Just in case you were curious, CoolStandings.com still gives the Rays a 0.1% shot at the playoffs. Baseball Prospetus is still bullish at 0.2%, but their PECOTA version says 0.08%. We are pretty sure that each of those numbers would be at least 98.0% if the Rays were chasing the Mets.
- Carlos Pena had successful surgery on his broken fingers and is expected to be 100% in 8-10 weeks. [The Heater]
- Marc Topkin looks at what the Rays have to play for in the final weeks of the season. [St. Pete Times]
- Meanwhile, several of the players admit they would love to spoil the Red Sox playoff run. [St. Pete Times]
- The Rays are still considered the 12th best team in baseball according to Tim Brown at Yahoo! Sports. No, not that Tim Brown. That would be kinda cool. [Yahoo! Sports]