The GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
We will get back to normal GBTs next week. We might be writing them at 4am, but they will be written. Speaking of which…Thanks for all the well-wishes. They mean a lot. And yes, I made the newborn Rays cap. MLB does not offer and infant sized Rays gear.
THE TELLING: David Price (above right) is NOT a good looking women. And as somebody else mentioned, the Rays picked an interesting time (following their 8th straight loss) to haze the rookies. As for Price, it is a good thing he is left-handed as he will always have a job in baseball. Because there is no way he is making any money as a Drag Queen.
SUNBURST PLAYER OF THE GAME: Jeff Niemann
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- BJ Upton was pulled from last night’s game and will miss a few more with a sore ankle. [Tampa Tribune]
- John Romano reexamines the importance of having a closer on the roster. [St. Pete Times]
- Dock of the Rays writes that Jeff Niemann’s luck has run out. [Dock of the Rays]
- A look back at several writer’s choices for most overhyped prospect in the Rays organization. Yes, we picked Desmond Jennings, but we think we hedged our reasoning fairly well. [Rays Prospects]
- Trop It Like It’s Hot has found a positive spin for the last month. [Trop It Like It’s Hot]
- Andy Sonnanstine will lean on the other relievers to learn his new role. [MLB]
- Exploring exactly what is wrong with the Rays. [Rays Revolutionary]