Tags

1. KillaTapes says:

Is there real talk of something being done like this? I’ve heard pundits talk about this, like when Buck Showalter suggested that the Rays and Marlins be dropped altogether, and regional NBA-like conferences setup.

I no longer listen to anything Buck Showalter has to say.

2. Beth says:

Why would we want to leave the best division in baseball? Sure, it’s harder to finish first, but the wild card remains in reach.

• Don says:

Beth is 100% correct!!
      Why would you want to leave the AL East???….the best baseball ALL summer!! You want to play with someone easy to beat???
      Join Pony League!
      and yes lets set up baseball like a league of a bunch of slugs and refs that cheat and gamble….sounds like good idea to me!

3. Carey says:

Should have included a fourth option: Old School AL East.

Dump – or severely cut back – interleague and go back to a balanced schedule. Division winners go. Next two best teams (regardless of division) are wild cards. It’s fair and it works. Interleague is overrated anyway. I personally could care less if they did away with it alltogether. Maybe there is some way they could cut it back and still make the numbers work.

Either way, the “divisional format” is patently unfair. And it hasn’t been around long enough that anyone is really going to miss it.

4. DRR says:

How about no divisions at all? Even schedule and the best 8 records go to the playoffs?

5. Tone says:

As much as Joe Maddon annoys me, I do agree with him on being in the AL east. It take balls, guts, and loads of talent to win this division. I think that makes for some gritty and polished players coming out of the grind. And for David to beat Goliath is a huge feat. These players will get better than they would elsewhere because of the challenge.

6. Justin H says:

if they stay in the AL East they’re a better team then if they played crappy teams cause they wouldn’t need to play as good of baseball to win