THE GOOD: Top O’ The Order To Ya. The bats are heating up. the top 5 batters in the lineup combine for 10 hits…Ben Zobrist. Zorilla is getting back into the swing of things with his second home run in as many nights.
THE BAD: It’s Not The Heat. We always say it. It is not the home run that kills you, it is the walk(s) before the home run. Last night the O’s hit a 3-run HR and a grand slam. Of the 5 players on base, 4 reached via walk…Fox Sports/Sun Sports. Stop with Batting Stance Guy. It was fun for about 3 seconds on YouTube. Now it is just some 35-year old dude doing poor imitations of Orioles hitters in his parents’ backyard. Just stop it. We imitated big leaguers also, when we were 8. For the love of everything Tampa Bay Rays, just STOP.
THE TELLING: Carlos Pena got the night off.
SUNBURST PLAYER OF THE GAME: Ben Zobrist
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Jayson Stark seems convinced that the Rays can’t win without a closer. [ESPN]
- There is a very obvious flaw to Jayson Stark’s thinking, but we won’t say it. Trop It Like It’s Hot, already did. [Trop It Like It's Hot]
- Seems a bit strange to devote a column to how James Shields leads the league in lack of run support on the day after the Rays scored 7 runs in a James Shields start. [Tampa Tribune]
- Raymond went for a ride on a Manta Ray, sorta, but not really. Pic included…Somebody queue the alarmists! Raymond was in Orlando! [Orlando Sentinel]
- Gregg Zaun spoke to the Baltimore Sun about joining the Rays and leaving Baltimore. [Baltimore Sun]
- Josh Q. Public makes a case for Jeff Niemann as Rookie of the Year. [Josh Q. Public]
- The Top 177 Devil Rays ever, continued. [Bugs and Cranks]