The GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Not for nothin’, but Jonny Gomes hit 3 home runs last night. Of course, this wasn’t the first time he has accomplished that feat. We’re not sayin’, but we’re just sayin’.
- Joe Dillon cleared waivers and accepted his assignment to triple-A. [The Heater]
- The Rays are close to signing their 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks. [St. Pete Times]
- The Rays Party breaks down JP Howell’s pitches with some pretty pictures for those of you that are more visually oriented…A couple of things we love: 1) All 3 of Howell’s pitches cross the plate in a different vertical plane. Important because hitters can’t sit on a particular zone; 2) both his Curve and Fastball absolutely paint the black on average (inside to a right-hander), while his nasty change is much more tempting out over the middle; 3) and look at how much vertical break he gets on the curve. You don’t see that much anymore as more pitchers throw a slider or something more akin to a slurve. [The Rays Party]
- According to Buster Olney, “some rival talent evaluators” believe the Rays are going to shop BJ Upton this off-season (link hidden behind ESPN’s “Insider” wall). [ESPN]
- Andy MacPhail says the O’s expect to complete their deal with the Rays for Gregg Zaun on Monday, but that the player coming back could be “pretty much anything.” [MASN]
- Rays the Stakes juxtaposes the seasons of Jason Bartlett and BJ Upton. [Rays the Stakes]
- JoeMaddonSucks.com noticed that the MSM is no longer kissing Joe Maddon’s behind. [Joe Maddon Sucks]
- The New York Daily News has the Rays falling all the way to #14 in their latest power ranking. [New York Daily News]
- The Top 177 Devil Rays ever is back for their latest installment. They are now into the top 50. [Bugs and Cranks]