[table id=25 /]
[table id=26 /]

Tags

Who’s Not…you forgot Navarro…unless you have a new catagory…
    Who’s nothing: Navarro

• well, it would be a little hard to put him on there 2 days after he had a double, a home run and drove in 3 against the Rangers.

• Don says:

Isn’t that the game they got beat 10 to 3 or something like that…
        I’m still waiting for him to get a hit when they are 1-2 runs down….
        I really can’t remember that happening this year….
        Is M. Hernandez still alive…with his .280 Avg… dying on the bench!

• Don says:

Another good example of Navarro’s poor performance…..
        Sitting here watching the game and Navarro hits a little weak ground ball
        with the bases loaded (4th Inning) and 2 outs…oh well… I’m used to it..
        Does Maddon like (man crush) little fat spanish guys…..

Forgot..there was a substitute Radio Talk show host on 620 am, 4-6pm, Monday on the “Big-Dog” show saying Zobrist was NOT deserving of being on the team…there were too many good players left off….
    I need help….I can’t find my gun!

3. stunna says:

The Burrell signing is starting to make me sick. Jonny Gomes has done way more for the Reds than Burrell has done for us, and in half as many at-bats. Not only is Jonny more productive but also much cheaper and it’s clear that everyone misses him.

I really hope Pat steps it up. Right now, this past offseason is really making our front office guys look bad.

• Dirtbag Fan says:

I know Pat the Patient hasn’t been good at all, but Johnny Gomes???

Please, please, please don’t ever compare Jonny Gomes to a real player! If anyone on the Rays miss him its because they need entertained in the clubhouse/dugout

• stunna says:

REAL player? Jonny is as real as it gets.

The numbers don’t lie either. Go check for yourself. Unlike some players, he is clearly earning his salary

• Don says:

Burrell has moved down to Jonny Gomes level…in.. fact I’m sorry Jonny!

• Beth says:

Thanks Dirtbag fan, for a bit of a reality check here. Jonny Gomes is like one of those hockey players who is kept on the team just to mix it up during a fight. But whereas hockey is a contact sport, where that kind of physicality has a real role, in baseball you just don’t need to hold a roster spot for a guy just because he’s not afraid to throw a punch. Gomes had the occasional hot spurt as a hitter, but for the most part he was a sure pop-up or strike-out. You’d blink and he’d have two strikes on him! His throwing arm is mediocre….I love his spirit, but that’s not enough. The fact that Burrell has been a disappointment doesn’t mean that Gomes was or is the answer, any more than Navi’s bad season makes me long for Toby Hall (he was a nice guy, too).

4. Mark says:

Guess it’s fair to say Pat the bat played like most guys do in a contract year in 2008.

And in 2009 when he got the contract, he played like most players do after they get the contract.