The image at right comes via National Geographic (thanks Jordi).
For those that missed the Twitter update, Mrs. Prof planned an anniversary trip for us to Big D to catch some Rays. I am not even lyin’. Totally her idea. The schedule here is a bit up in the air. But we will be sure to keep things updated on the Twitter feed.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Some Rays Index Zorilla t-shirt love from Ted Keith at SI.com. Guess that is one way to keep us from jumping on his back for his low ranking of the Rays. [SI.com]
- There is a new Rays blog. Stop on by and welcome them to the neighborhood. [Dock of the Rays]
- The Rays traded Winston Abreu to the Indians for minor league reliever John Meloan. Abreu had been designated for assignment last week and had to be traded or released. [The Heater]
- Marc Lancaster looks at JP Howell and how he is becoming the de facto closer. Joe Maddon likens Howell to Trevor Hoffman. [Tampa Tribune]
- Joe Smith writes about the Gabe O’ the Day platoon and how it is finally starting to click. [St. Pete Times]
- Dick Scanlon of the Lakeland Ledger notes that the Rays are winning in a diffent way as compared to last season. [Lakeland Ledger]
- Chad Orvella has signed with the Royals and been assigned to double-A. [MLB Trade Rumors]
- Joe Maddon Sucks now says Joe Maddon is managing “like a winner.” Our head just exploded. [Joe Maddon Sucks]
- BJ Upton and Carl Crawford…the best duo in baseball? [Fox Sports]
- Joe Smith also looks at the havoc created by having BJ Upton and Carl Crawford at the top of the order. [St. Pete Times]
- Some wishful headlines for the Rays. [Trop It Like It's Hot]