In honor of Raysheads love of the Rays all-star third baseman, we have a new T-shirt in the Rays Index Store. And in honor of the new T-shirt, we have a bonus video after the Webtopia.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- MLB is reviewing the incident from Wednesday when Matt Garza hit Mark Teixeira and then decided to tell the entire world what they already knew. That he did it on purpose. A fine and/or suspension could be announced today. [St. Pete Times]
- The Rays have been fairly quiet on the trade front. There are some rumblings that they are still working on deals with the Jays for Roy Halladay and the Indians for Victor Martinez. We will be back in a little bit with more details on each.
- The Rays did make one addition yesterday that was a bit surprising. They picked up a catcher off waivers and assigned him to double-A. Seems pretty innocuous, but then we realized that Jose Lobaton is a 24-year old switch-hitter, with big league experience and they added him to the 40-man roster. To make room, the Rays moved Jason Isringhausen Troy Percival to the 60-day DL…The move could be a simple addition of a young talented catcher. But with 40-man roster spots so rare and valuable, and with 5 catchers now on the 40-man roster, one has to wonder if the Rays are about to deal away one of their 40-man roster catchers *cough* John Jaso *cough*. [The Heater]
- Roger Mooney writes that the Rays still believe in the current roster. [Bradenton Herald]
- Joe Smith writes about David Price’s struggle to work through his struggles, or something like that. [St. Pete Times]