Dave Scheiber of the St. Pete Times has a great must-read on BJ Upton, written after spending some time recently with Bossman Junior away from the baseball field. Below is the accompanying video. Click through for the entire story.

1. Amanda says:

I agree, great read. It also makes me even more angry about that horse's ass who said he should be the idol of inner-city children becuase he's lazy and arrogant. Not only was that a cruel generalization of inner-city children, it's all the more apparent that said "journalist" didn't even bother to find out who the real BJ Upton is before he wrote that crap. (When I went to J-School, I learned that you have to actually interview people you're going to write about. Interesting concept, eh?)

2. Kelley says:

What a great story! BJ is my absolute favorite Rays player and I think it's great that now we get to know a little more about him through this article.

3. CharlieRay says:

The guy holding up the BJ sign was me. Nice suprise. You can find us up there (Sec 310 row A seat 24 every game holding up our signs

BJ is great..He will leave when his contract is up for big bucks!
    By then he will be a professional with all the stupid, young stuff over!

5. Indy Rays Fan says:

The shy comment he made really amused me. Last year at a club in the Tampa Area, B.J. smacked the bottom of a friend of mine, she turned around, and he said "that's a mighty fine *ss" to her as she walked away. She took no offense, but I don't think based on that he's all THAT shy.

6. Sublime says:

I don't think many people are shy once they've had a couple brewski's in them! I think he means on an everyday basis.