Last week’s Rays Confidence Graph results.
Below you will see two polls that ask about your confidence in the Tampa Bay Rays. We will present these same polls every Tuesday. The results will be presented in graphical form on Thursday, and will be displayed permanently in the sidebar. The goal of the Confidence Graph is to get a feeling of how Rays fans feel about the team and the franchise and track how that level of confidence changes through time.
Raysiverse events of the past week that could impact confidence levels…
- The Rays are currently 25-28, 5.5 games behind the Yankees in 4th place of the AL East.
- The 2009 attendance is barely outpacing the 2008 attendance which does not bode well for the future of baseball in St. Pete.
- It sounds like we will see Reid Brignac play a lot of second base for the rest of the season once Jason Bartlett returns.
- Andy Sonnanstine is one of the worst starting pitchers in baseball right now.
- Troy Percival is back with the Rays and may not retire after all. And Scott Kazmir is back to throwing in the bullpen.
- Wade Davis’ latest start was awful and he barely has more Ks than walks this season.
- The Rays currently have 9 players on the DL, including Put Burrell who continues to linger on the DL.
- Aki Iwamura is out for the year, but he hopes to be back with the Rays next season.
- David Price was as advertised in his last start, picking up his first big league win, but expect a very strict pitch limit moving forward. And Matt Joyce has been promoted back to the Rays.