Time to bring back the GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
No GBT, so instead we present this image of Kevin Stocker. Why? Because it makes us giggle. We like to imagine that Stocker just got hit in the rear with a pitch and it is still stuck there as he tries to pull it out.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Is Andy Sonnanstine on the clock? Jeff Niemann has been solid his last 3 starts. Sonnanstine has not. So is The Duke, the odd man out when Scott Kazmir returns? Well, according to Kaz, that could be sooner rather than later. Kazmir says his recent bullpen session went great and will have another today. He has also found a “big source” for his mechanical issues. That is significant because every other time he claims to have figured out his mechanical issues, it was apparently just “small” sources *rolling eyes*. [St. Pete Times]
- Joe Maddon, ever the optimist, still believes Andy Sonnanstine will turn it around noting that he and Jim Hickey have addressed some “items that are kind of interesting.” [Tampa Tribune]
- Joe Maddon is sticking with BJ Upton at the top of the order. Of course, Maddon has the luxury of knowing the other two options, Jason Bartlett and Aki Iwamura are both on the DL. Maddon also says he might be more willing to change if the Rays were struggling to score runs, when in fact the Rays lead the league in scoring. [Tampa Tribune]
- Even though the Rays are more likely to plug the second base hole from within, Tom Verducci says that if the Rays do seek help from outside the organization, that they should target Freddy Sanchez of the Pirates. (thanks Amanda) [SI.com]
- Marc Topkin analyzes the Rays at the one-third pole. [St. Pete Times]
- MLB Outsider conducted a mock draft with the Rays selecting college pitcher Andrew Oliver. [MLB Outsider]
- The inaugural installment of the “Devil Ray Pronunciation Guide.” [Bugs and Cranks]