Time to bring back the GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
No GBT today. Enjoy Pop Goes the Weasel Day.
SUNBURST PLAYER OF THE GAME: Ben Zobrist
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Jason Isringhausen reinjured his surgically repaired elbow and was placed on the DL. The Rays promoted Winston Abreu from triple-A to take Izzy’s place. Abreu was dominating the IL with 49 strikeouts in 32 innings with only 14 hits and 10 walks. He has a 1.41 ERA and 10 saves. Abreu has appeared in 33 big league games with the O’s and Nationals. [The Heater]
- Joe Maddon made it clear that the Rays have no interest in using David Price as a closer. [St. Pete Times]
- Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald says Pedro Martinez has been working out 5 days a week and hopes to sign with a contender by the end of the month. His goal is to start in the minors and be ready for the big leagues after the all-star break. [Boston Herald]
- Marc Topkin confirms the Rays will wear throwback uniforms on July 11. [St. Pete Times]
- Marc Lancaster takes a look at the Rays defensive drop-off in 2009. [Tampa Tribune]
- The Rays Party notices some similarities between BJ Upton and one of the Rays draft picks. [The Rays Party]