Apparently the Rays decided to take a second day off. Maybe they will show up tonight.
SUNBURST PLAYER OF THE GAME: Winston Abreu and Lance Cormier or else it would have been much worse.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Andrew Friedman confirmed that Scott Kazmir could return this week, but said he will wait on a final decision after watching Kazmir in his bullpen session later today…that sounds suspiciously like “we haven’t told the odd-man out yet that he is the odd-man out.” [Rays Report]
- With Scott Kazmir set to return later this week, there has been some idle chatter both in the press and among fans that David Price could be the odd-man out of the rotation. While it is certainly possible, it doesn’t seem likely. Joe Maddon has repeatedly said that the team is willing to go through the growing pains with Price which seems to indicate that they have no desire to bounce him up and down between the Rays and the minors.
- Marc Lancaster discusses the Rays options in the rotation. [Tampa Tribune]
- Jason Isringhausen underwent Tommy John surgery yesterday. [Miami Herald]
- Her Rays sums last night’s game up with a simple but effective title. [Her Rays]
- FS Florida has video footage from the Rays fashion show. [FS Florida/Sun Sports] [via Rays Revolutionary]
- Derek Jeter took the lead from Evan Longoria in the all-star voting. [Rays Report]
- Martin Fennelly writes about Pat Burrell’s struggles at the plate. [Tampa Tribune]