Last year we asked you guys what you thought of various members of the Rays media. For the most part you guys approved. Based on yesterday’s discussion in “The Hangover” we thought we would dust off this feature for the Rays new color commentator, Kevin Kennedy. For comparison, the man Kennedy replaced, Joe Magrane, scored a 91.4% approval rating.

1. Dirtbag Fan says:

how about “indifferent”

2. Rayhawk says:

Thank God BA was on last night. Someone needs to tell him just to be natural, not like someone is sticking a broomstick up his butt, and he’s trying to look like he likes it. Otherwise he beat the snot out of Kevin last night, BA broadcaster of the game.

3. Steve M. says:

Kevin is a good compliment to Staats. Seeing him in HD is kinda brutal though…lol. :)

4. Dirtbag Fan says:

BA is definately better… no doubt at all.

5. cubfanraysaddict says:

Anderson and Staats are so much better together, Kennedy got old after the first month of the season.

6. Chris says:

Is there a harsher option than disapprove? 1 vote for that.

7. John says:

He’s no Joe, but I think he’s gotten better. By the end of the season I expect him to be adequate/bearable. I was really put off by his lack of knowledge of Rays players at the beginning of the year though. I didn’t expect him to know all the details like Joe, but he seemed very unprepared. And it doesn’t help that this is part time job for him. Either do or do not. There is no try.

That said, I have enjoyed hearing him get his homer on lately.

8. Matt says:

Joe’s a tough act to follow, but I really like how Kennedy tells it like it is when an ump blows a call… no nuance, just “he blew it” and “that was a strike 5 minutes ago”.

9. Fritz says:

Kevin Kennedy misses more days of work a back up catcher, hey, that’s what he once was. I can’t put a finger on it, but he doesn’t do anything for me. So I don’t really mind that Kennedy works 3-4 days a week. Brian Anderson is much more interesting.