True Story: We once spent a summer doing nothing but watching Gorillas. Wonderful creatures that often get a bad wrap.

That being said, they do still seem a bit peaved about the movie “Gorillas in the Mist.” It seems as though the royalty checks are still in the mail. And don’t even bring up “King Kong” unless you want a pile of poo to the face.

On the other hand, when a slow, no-glove, no-power do-gooder reinvents himself as a power-hitting super-duper utility guy, the Gorillas are more than happy for the association and the positive press.

In that honor, we have introduced a new shirt to the Rays Index Store. Just click on the above image to be taken directly to the product.

1. Mark says:

I'm a Sox fan and I totally want one.

2. WiNKy says:

love it.

3. Saint_A says:

And here i thought that Zorillia was referencing the king of the monsters, Godzilla. Although gorillas are powerful and wise I think I'm still going to have to opt for the one that can smash an entire metropolis. If the shirt is edited accordingly put me on the short list.

• Dirtbag Fan says:

For some reason I thought the same thing...

• Wouldn't that be Zobzilla or Zodzilla?

• Dirtbag Fan says:

oops, I meant to put that down here- that's why I don't make the big bucks.

"i guess you’re right- that’s why they pay you the big bucks"

• Saint_A says:

Technically you're right about that, but artistic license reigns supreme when it comes to nicknames. I feel a godzilla vs gorilla debate coming on and i think it's scope could eclipse the once and still reigning heavy weight champion of debate... sonny vs... well... you know. Now if only I could just get some sabermetrics on the king of the monsters vs koko. One thing I'm sure of without looking it up the WAR for Godzilla is much higher than an average ape.

• You make a strong argument, BUT the inspiration for this Zorilla was no replacement-level ape. Rather it was the King of Apes himself, KONG. Peter Jackson's King Kong specifically. And as much as I love Godzilla (although I always thought Rodan deserved more credit) I will take Peter Jackson's King Kong in a royal rumble.

• Saint_A says:

I guess I have to concede this one, due to the sequence of events at the end of King Kong vs Godzilla (and the fact that you said this wasn't a replacement level ape).

In my heart I'm still with Godzilla.

4. Can there be a shirt made of Akzilla destroying downtown St. Petersburg?

Sent Maddon a FREE one..although he came up with the name...
    He forgets when it comes to the line up card!

6. Chris says:

Hey Prof,

Either Andy or Dave on the radio (I have a hard time telling them apart) mentioned during Ben's first at bat tonight, that he was on the Rays Index today checking out the new Zorilla shirt.

7. Brett says:

Shirt is amazing, only if there was a way to use Ben's face instead of the gorilla's.

8. Erin says:

Where can I find one of these shirts?