No GBT today, Happy Memorial Day.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Thanks to @coloyan for the screengrab above.
- The Rays have scheduled a “special announcement” today which is likely to be Joe Maddon’s contract extension. [The Heater]
- Aki Iwamura was carted off the field after Chris Coghlan tried to break up a double play and slid into Aki’s knee. Aki is likely headed to the DL when David Price is called up today and all indications are that it will be a lengthy stay…Expect Dale Thayer to stay with Rays until Pat Burrell is called up on Wednesday or Thursday and Reid Brignac will probably stay with Rays for the foreseeable future and could become the most-days second baseman. [The Heater]
- On a happier note, can we really get to down with yesterday’s game knowing King David Price returns tonight? We are altering all Memorial Day plans to make sure we are in front of the TV.
- Chris Coghlan visited with Aki Iwamura after the game and told him he felt awful. [Rays Report]
- Joe Maddon called his $500 fine for last week’s incident with the Indians as “totally unjust.”…First of all, Maddon always picks his words carefully, so it says something that he called it “unjust” as opposed to “unfair.” Unjust implies something bigger and more indicting against baseball. And second, when we first heard the fine for Maddon, we had assumed the other fines for Kerry Wood and Victor Martinez just hadn’t been announced yet. Very strange. [The Heater]