Time to bring back the GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
No GBT or Sunburst today but wanted to take a moment to point out that the Rays are now one game over .500 at 23-22. This is the first time the Rays have been over .500 since they were 4-3.
As a result, we will no longer be referring to the team as the “Devil Rays.” We started this mini-protest on May 15th. At the time the Rays were 16-20.
Little did we know that it would only take them 9 days to get back above even, going 7-2 in that span. In those 9 days, we made 32 references to the “Devil Rays,” including one over at MLB Trade Rumors, where we moonlight from time to time. Since the run to a winning record happened much quicker than we expected, we will round up the fine to $100 for the Rays Baseball Foundation.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Evan Longoria was pulled from the game after being hit by a pitch in the arm. He did not require x-rays and is expected to be fine. [Rays Plays]
- Remember when Joe Maddon screwed up the lineup card last weekend? Turns out the umpires screwed up when they let Evan Longoria enter the game later…Also, Chad Bradford is expected to make his first rehab appearance today for Charlotte. [St. Pete Times]
- Rays the Stakes wonders why BJ Upton is still leading off, why Gabe Gross is not playing more and why the Rays can’t be in first place in a month. [Rays the Stakes]
- Rays Revolutionary has their reaction to the events of Friday. [Rays Revolutionary]
- Roger Mooney takes a look at how valuable Jason Bartlett has been for the Rays this season. [Bradenton Herald]
- The Rays Party takes a look at how James Shields has been using his changeup compared to seasons past. [The Rays Party]