Time to bring back the GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
THE GOOD: Carl Crawford. Crawford may have busted out of his slump with 3 hits, 2 runs scored and a stolen base…Jason Bartlett. Barty stays red hot with 3 more hits.
THE BAD: Scott Kazmir. It was 2008 all over again. 6 walks in 4 innings. Just one of those nights. The staff walked 10 batters total. Nothing in baseball is more frustrating that just giving the other team bases.
THE TELLING: Gabe Kapler started in right field.
SUNBURST PLAYER OF THE GAME: Carl Crawford. If anything it is because he needed a good game, and he finally had one.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- If it seems as though this talk about the Rays opening an academy in Brazil sounds familiar, it is because it is old news. It was first reported by MLB.com back in December. [Rays Index]
- Evan Longoria received his Rookie of the Year award before last night’s game and Jason Isringhausen threw 27 pitches in his final extended spring training appearance. He will report to Montgomery tomorrow. [St. Pete Times]
- Rays Revolutionary plays “Gabe or Gabe?” [Rays Revolutionary]
- Rays the Stakes says Pat Burrell is not living up to his nickname. [Rays the Stakes]
- This will be the Rays first losing homestand in over a year. [Bradenton Herald]