It sure wasn’t pretty, but it was a great play in a big spot.

Web Gems [ESPN]

1. Dirtbag Fan says:

He said only one other thirdbaseman makes that grab (Crede).

I implore you, who would you rather have at the hot-corner Crede or Longoria?

No love. No respect.

• Dirtbag Fan says:

Oh yeah, woohoo!
      The Phillies got their butts handed to them last night… yeehaw!

• Jessica says:

Uh sorry, but Longo doesn’t make that play. He is a great third baseman but he is not that speedy. Besides, he doesn’t need to get to that ball because CC would gobble it up.

• Dirtbag Fan says:

Uh sorry, is Crede faster than Dirtbag?

Lets see how fast he is: 9 year career, 4 stolen bases, 12 caught stealing…. sounds like a burner!

• staplemaniac says:

Not to say that you’re necessarily wrong, but there’s a lot more to being a good base stealer than being fast. It might be that Crede can’t read a pitcher’s motion as well or something.

• Dirtbag Fan says:

That’s very true, but the point I was making was that He’s (Crede) not known for his speed (as conveyed by his lack of steal attempts/successful steals), so for Jessica to illude to the fact that Dirtbag is too slow to make that catch, but to agree that Crede could was foolish… part of what makes Longoria a gold-glove caliber player is how fast he reacts to a hit, his first step and instinct are very very good.
            I assure you, if a former catcher or Crede can make that play so can Dirtbag.

2. Jessica says:

I never said I thought Crede could make that play. I haven’t watched him enough to know. I just said I don’t see Longo getting to that ball, and I think you are underestimating that former catcher who also played center field.

3. Jessica says:

Oh and for the record I tried to hit the reply button but it wouldn’t let me?

• I set the max depth of replies to five. otherwise the boxes start to get too skinny. kinda like an Olsen. you can go to the comment just before it and hit reply on that one and it will kinda look like you are just continuing the conversation.

4. Matt says:

Curious what was so ugly about Zobrist’s webgem?