No GBT today, but we do have a couple of programming notes…
We have another interview coming later today.
It is Mancation weekend with the boys, so we are actually on the road and will be attending the Rays game against the Twins today. But thanks to Twitter, we will still be on the Grid. So check in from time to time. As for the site, expect updates to be sparse this weekend, and poorly edited. Well…more sparse and more poorly edited than normal. Geez, tough crowd.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Remember that Carlos Pena interview from earlier this week? Turns out this interview was actually conducted on behalf of and originally published by Big League Stew. We originally gave credit to another website that stole the piece. Unfortunately that happens a lot in the internets. We see our pieces copy-and-pasted to other websites all the time, usually by some frauds trying to sell Rays gear or tickets and pretending to be a legit Rays blog. Our apologies to ‘Duk and the rest of the crew over at the always entertaining Big League Stew.
- Dioner Navarro had a big game yesterday but Andy Sonnanstine was a little off his game. [MLB]
- A couple of weeks ago a commenter convinced us that Matt Joyce still had a shot at the opening day roster, albeit a small one. We were skeptical but we played along with our 25-man roster projection. Now Joe Maddon is laying down quotes everyday that make it sound like Joyce has a very good chance of being on the roster in place of BJ Upton. [Tampa Tribune]
- Matt Joyce’s former teammates had some very strong compliments for the former Tiger. [St. Pete Times]
- If you were to ask us to guess who was the one local columnist that wouldn’t be able to see the logic in having David Price start the season in the minors, our first three guesses would have been Martin Fennelly. We would have only needed the first guess. But as we were reading the column, one thing made us smile. We noticed that Martin seemed to be cutting way back on his Fennellyisms (one sentence paragraphs that are often not even a complete sentence). But then we got to the end of the story and Fennellyisms reigned supreme once again. [Tampa Tribune]
- BJ Upton stole 2 bases in a minor league game yesterday. [St. Pete Times]
- Troy Percival pitched in back-to-back games for the first time this spring and said he had “no problems.” [Sarasota Herald-Tribune]