Time to bring back the GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
THE GOOD: Wade Davis. 3.2 scoreless innings, allowing only 1 hit and no walks. In two starts (generally better hitters), Davis has now given up only 1 hit and no walks in 5.2 scoreless innings…
THE BAD: Reid Brignac. Another 0-2 for Brignac, who is now 0-11 in the spring.
THE TELLING: Adam Kennedy led off and played second base against his former team. He will start at third today against the Astros. Jeff Niemann will be on the mound with Mitch Talbot starting tomorrow.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- The Blue Workhorse has their preview for the Rays up. We helped out a bit. [The Blue Workhorse]
- Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors has put together a list of the 45 worst contracts in baseball for Spring Training ‘09. Why are we mentioning this? Because there is not a single Rays contract on the list. Not even Troy Percival. Of course, all things are relative. [Spring Training '09]
- The Hardball Times put together a composite list of the top 100 prospects based on the rankings of several sources…This is very similar to our Meta-Analysis of the Rays Top Prospects. [The Hardball Times]
- Wade Davis is dominating despite not having his best slider yet. [MLB]
- Adam Kennedy knows that he is fighting an uphill battle for a spot on the Rays roster and Joe Maddon will work him at different positions to give him every chance to make the team. [MLB]
- We forgot to mention this yesterday…Reid Brignac played second base on Sunday. [Rays of Light]
- The Pirates Ain’t S#!t compared to the Rays. [Bugs and Cranks]