Happy Birthday to Akinori Iwamura and Dioner Navarro. Aki is 30 and The Fat Catcher is 25. Now the Rays have extra incentive to “play nice” during Navi’s arbitration hearing today.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- The Boston Globe has a nice feature story on Rocco Baldelli and the progression of his career and his struggles to get on the baseball field and how he and his family have dealt with all that has come their way. [Boston Globe]
- Marc Topkin previews Dioner Navarro’s arbitration case which will be held today…What is $400K among friends, especially on a guy’s birthday? [St. Pete Times]
- Slow news day? John Romano rips into Bud Selig for something he hasn’t done yet. Romano finds it hypocritical that Selig at some point will ask for public money to pay for the Rays new stadium when the commissioner made more than $17 million in 2008. [St. Pete Times]
- Fangraphs takes a look at how the Rays bullpen might shake out in 2008, from a fantasy perspective. [Fangraphs]
- Rays of Light previews first base for the Rays. [Rays of Light]