Just a little reminder this morning from Rays Index to all of our friends in Red Sox Nation and the Evil Empire of exactly who is chasing whom this season.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Although he has yet to receive official word, Evan Longoria is proceeding with the assumption that he will not be included on the final 24-man roster for the US in the World Baseball Classic. That leaves JP Howell and Akinori Iwamura as the only Rays that will participate in the WBC despite having 8 players included on the provisional rosters. [Tampa Tribune]
- Troy Percival had his home in California broken into with the thieves taking some TVs and his ‘55 Ford Truck that he had restored…And Carl Crawford found his $10K diamond earrings several hours after shoving them in his back pocket and subsequently dropping them in the batting cage. [St. Pete Times]
- Evan Longoria says he has modeled his workouts after former Ray Eric Hinske. [St. Pete Times]
- Joe Nelson has overcome many obstacles and is about to make his first opening day roster in 14 years as a pro. [St. Pete Times]
- The Rays Party takes a look at the moves the Red Sox made this off-season. [The Rays Party]