We don’t watch “MTV Cribs” enough to know if the video below is from that show or a knock-off. Either way, we are blessed with a 5 minute look inside Pat Burrell’s Clearwater Beach condo and more importantly, we learn a little more about who Pat the Bat really is.

Our favorite parts:

• When asked if he has ever sat at the desk in his office, Burrell responds “Yeah, I used to have a laptop. I used to play solitaire.”
  • Much like his time playing for the Phillies, there is not a glove in sight.
  • When asked about why he wanted to get a telescope, Burrell claims it is not for the senior citizen’s water aerobics class held at his building.
  • Burrell puts his pants on just like us, one leg at a time. But after his pants are on, his refrigerator has nothing but Bud Light and water.

1. Anonymous says:

haha yeah I saw this a few weeks ago. My fav part is when she asks him about the beer in the fridge, and says, well obviously these arent yours and someone left them here. In responce he says yes and that he couldnt let them go to waste. And then after that moment, he has a beer in his hand the rest of the video.

- bossmanjunior333

2. Anonymous says:

Where did you find this? This is hilarious.

3. Anonymous says:

Too bad this was stolen from another team related website. Pretty low and unfortunate for you that this is second-hand information you are trying to give as “hot off the press”.

4. Anonymous says:

Another thing, what do you mean by “our”?? That is pretty narcissistic to say something like that? “Our”?? Elaborate on who “our” is?

5. Anonymous says:

I saw this on jonahkeri.com earlier this week.

6. Anonymous says:

5 days old and you “think” you are presenting first hand information?! I love America, isn’t it a beautiful country? Whoever posted this is a douche because they obviously love their anonymity and wouldn’t have a shred of integrity in their body.

7. Willie P says:

Man, some pretty harsh criticism here. The guy pulled a Jayson Blair….so what?

8. The Professor says:

Wow. Is this a joke? Nobody supports other blogs with links more than I do both here and at MLB Trade Rumors.

In this case which do you think is more likely, that I saw this on another blog or I went to YouTube and searched for Pat Burrell like I do with all the Rays players from time to time. It is standard practice.

And where do I claim that I am the first person to “discover” this?

There is also a video of Pat Burrell saying the word poop. Has that been someplace already? Probably, but I am not going to search every blog to find out. I really don’t care.

Finally. There are several people that work on this site. The “we” includes them.

Now, unless you have something intelligent to add, please go away.

9. Ghost of Quinton McCracken says:

jesus people. it is not like Prof took the video and said “hey look at this video i made”.

you guys have a lot to learn about how blogs work.

i am sure this video has been on dozens of sites. who is to say that jonahkeri or the other team blog had it first. who the fuck cares. it’s not their fucking video.

and all you have to do is check the webtopia here everymorning to see that Prof sends traffic to other blogs by the shit-loads.

don’t sweat it Prof. just some jealous little shits.

10. Ghost of Quinton McCracken says:

and Willie P. do you have any clue what Jayson Blair really did? He plagiarized and he made shit up.

tell me exactly how Prof plagiarized and made shit up? were one of those jokes stolen from another site? doubt it. so learn something before you start mouthing off.

11. James says:

Jonah Keri? isn’t that the guy the Rays are pissed at right now because he is writing a book about them without their consent? hahahahahhaha

12. The Professor says:

that is the same one. i do not read his blog on a regular basis, so I have no idea if he posted this video or not.

he is however the same one who writes a blog i have linked to in the past and who wrote a book that i bought.

so i think i have supported Mr. Keri plenty.

13. Anonymous says:

I’m with Ghost here…

Let’s see…do I want to search the world over for Rays news or have the professor find it and collect it all here on one site? HMMMMMMM

To post #3…Stolen? You act like we are sharing mp3 copyrighted material.

To post #4…wtf?

To post #5…thankfully, since I have never heard of wtf website you saw this on, I can rely on Rays Index.

To post #6…wtf?

To the professor…thanks! That video is great and I didn’t have to search all the websites in creation for Rays news.

Stephen

14. Anonymous says:

The Blogosphere typically tends to give credit to other sites when referencing work. It’s called a hat tip or a linky, whatever you will.

15. James says:

too funny.

but what is even funnier, is if you go to his blog today. there are a bunch of videos including Joey Gathright jumping over a car.

Keri doesn’t say who put that video up first, but i guarantee you that video has been on hundreds of sites and I am pretty sure i saw it either here or another Rays blog at one point, long before Keri posted it.

and yet mr. anon is not over there ripping Keri apart. what a jackass.

16. Ghost of Quinton McCracken says:

to the last Anon, Prof gives hat tips ALL THE TIME. i am sure if he saw this someplace else first, he would have. he has done it in the past and i am sure he will do it in the future. GET OVER IT.

seriously, why are we even talking about this?

17. Brett Walsh says:

is it just me or do those bud light bottles look about 20 years old?

18. James says:

“he Blogosphere typically tends to give credit to other sites when referencing work. It’s called a hat tip or a linky, whatever you will.”

he does give credit to the makers. that would be MTV Cribs. first line of the post.

19. Anonymous says:

I’m with Ghost here AGAIN…(this guys is a genius)

Why are we talking about this? I want to talk about a lineup that looks like…

Aki
    CC
    BJ
    Pena
    Longoria
    The Bat
    Joyce – at some point
    Navarro
    Bartlett

Does anyone else here LOVE this lineup? If you don’t, maybe this will excite you a little…

#1 Shields
    #2 Kazmir
    #3 Garza
    #4 Price
    #5 Sonnanstine

Righty – Lefty – Righty- Lefty – Righty…

How am I going to make it all the way to next April 6th?

Stephen

20. The Professor says:

well said Stephen

21. Anonymous says:

well. They say you haven’t made it until people start complaining about stupid stuff. Congrats.

- Sean g.

22. Justin says:

Can anyone tell me what year this is from? Looks way old.

23. Justin says:

Someone on Youtube says 2002-03, but that seems a bit too recent.

24. Elijah's 6th Love Child says:

i’d bet anything that anonymous up there is one of those 12-year old writers or regular commenters over at DRB. i have read what they all say in the comments section over there. they are just salivating over there praying that Rays Index will screw something up so they can jump all over Prof.