Just the links today as we celebrate the 122nd birthday of Ty Cobb, spikes high. Which reminds us…If you are looking for a right-handed DH-type, with some positional flexibility and a 2008 OPS+ of 128, there is a certain familiar name available on the market.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- This afternoon, I will appear with Tyler Hissey on the “Rays Digest Podcast” at 2:00. There may be an opportunity to take calls and if you are unable to listen live, the show will be available afterwards. [Rays Digest]
- John Romano caught up with Joe Maddon at another night of “Thanksmas”…And for those that have been curious, the article includes a photo of Maddon’s new wife. [St. Pete Times]
- In yesterday’s report on the updated diagnosis of Rocco Baldelli, WPRI said they had been told by Baldelli’s family that Red Sox officials had not contacted Baldelli about playing for Boston. Marc Lancaster reports that Baldelli has indeed met with Red Sox officials. [Tampa Tribune]
- Ken Rosenthal explains that Mark Teixeira is holding up the free agent market including all of the Rays potential targets. For example, Milton Bradley will not sign with the Cubs or Rays until he knows the Yankees and Angels are not interested. And they could become interested if they don’t land Teixeira. [Fox Sports]
- David Chalk of Bugs and Cranks is up to Day 18 of the all-time greatest Devil Rays Advent calendar. [Bugs and Cranks]
- The Yankees are in a legal battle over funding for their new stadium and it somehow involves Rays VP Michael Kalt. To be clear, it appears Kalt is one of the good guys in the mess. [St. Pete Times]