Today is the deadline for teams to add minor leaguers to the 40-man roster in order to protect them from being eligible for the Rule 5 draft. Wade Davis will be added, as will Jake McGee. Eddie Morlan is also likely to be added.
Other players that will be eligible for the Rule 5 draft, but are unlikely to be added, include Chris Mason, Ryan Royster and Mike Wlodarczyk.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Trever Miller has signed with the St. Louis Cardinals. [MLB Trade Rumors]
- Rocco Baldelli’s name continues to swirl around the Red Sox. Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe says there is an even bigger need for Baldelli now that the Sox have traded Coco Crisp. [Boston Globe]
- Here is Marc Topkin’s AL MVP ballot. [The Heater]
- Thanksgiving came early to some in St. Pete as the Rays served a Thanksgiving dinner to about 300 people. [MLB]
- David Chalk is back with his “Ain’t S#!t” series. This time he compares the nominees for Sports Illustrated’s “Sportsman of the Year” award to Joe Maddon. [Bugs and Cranks]
- The Harvard Crimson profiles alum Matt Silverman, class of ’98. [Harvard Crimson]