Click on above images to be taken to full standings, box scores or schedule…
THE GOOD: The Rays have won 4 of the last 5 against the Red Sox under playoff-like atmospheres.
THE BAD: Those games no longer count.
THE TELLING: Our best guess on the 25-man roster is that Troy Percival will be added to the roster and either Eric Hinske (more likely) or Fernando Perez (less likely) are removed for the ALCS.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- In case you missed it yesterday afternoon, we ran a bunch of “Webtopia” links in the evening “Happy Hour” feature. [Rays Index]
- Joe Maddon hinted that he would keep Carl Crawford in the 5-hole of the rotation noting that he didn’t want to break up the top of the order especially with the way BJ Upton is swinging the bat…He also emphasized that in a 7-game series it is more important than ever for the players to play one game at a time. [MLB]
- In response to Gary Shelton’s assertion that the Red Sox are “the entire cast of Bond villians“, Bugs and Cranks breaks down which Bonds villian each player represents. [Bugs and Cranks]
- Nice story about backup catcher Michel Hernandez and his family. [St. Pete Times]
- Outs Per Swing breaks down the Rays ALDS victory over the White Sox. [Outs Per Swing]
- Why is it newsworthy that the Rays “believe they can knock off” the Red Sox? Do we get a lot of cases where a team has survived a 162-game season, won their best-of-five first round series and doesn’t think they can win a seven-game series against a team they took the season series from? Of course not. But this is the Rays. Apparently they are eating at the adult table and some think it is time the rest of baseball noticed. [NY Daily News]
- Gary Shelton breaks down what Andrew Friedman means to the Rays. [St. Pete Times]
- A Braves blogger jumps on the Rays’ bandwagon…The more the merrier. [The Launching Pad]
- John Lott says the key to the Red Sox success is their depth. [National Post]
- Roger Mooney is the latest to run down his list of the Rays’ biggest games from the regular season. [Bradenton Herald]